People who make the right decision in investing money stand to earn high rewards for taking such a calculated risk. However, this decision should be made only after doing a thorough search on the various prospects in the diversified field of financial investment.
Investing in property is one of the surest ways to reap rich benefits out of your investment. Here are the top five reasons explaining why you should invest in property.
1. Property prices are always on the rise, and investing in a property which you can lease out, ensures an immediate return from your investment. This provides you with peace of mind and a sense of security. As the property appreciates, you can also earn more on the rent. In case you want to buy another property, you don't need to sell the existing one you have the option to release equity relating to the property and still retain your ownership.
2. Investing in property enables you to have direct control over the ownership and for rental purpose, you have the option to increase the rental income without having to consult others or take permission from anybody. This differs to shares, where the dividend is not in your hand. Investing in property also allows you to insure your property against any damage or loss of rental income. Buy-to-let investors are able to protect themselves from any financial loss arising out of any damage caused by tenants, through Landlord Insurance.
3. You do not need any expertise or vast experience when you invest in property. Every common person can do it, especially when there are so many sources to gather information about market trends which relate to your property. To make the most out of your investment in property, you can increase your return on your investment by buying a property which needs a thorough renovation. On bargaining, you will be able to purchase the property at a cheap price and after renovation work, you are able to sell off at a much higher price. This can cause you to earn more on your investment in property.
4. Investing in properties provides you with the advantage to use leverage by mortgaging the property and borrowing up to 80% of the property valuation. In the case of stocks, you will get a maximum of 50% on the value of the shares. You get a distinct advantage over other forms of investment, with no risk being taken. Fluctuations in the prices of properties are a slow process, where you find enough time to safeguard yourself from any downfall in the property value. Generally the cycle is slow, which makes properties less volatile in the market compared to shares which may have a steep downfall involving heavy losses.
5. The tangibility of a property is the main advantage of the investor, where the person is able to see and touch the property. Moreover, in the case of urgent requirements of money, the property can either be sold or mortgaged within a short time. In the case of shares, you will find it difficult to transfer your shares, especially when they are dipping. You are able to invest in properties according to your budget. If you have a big budget, you can go for premium properties which will give you higher returns within a short span of time. In the case of a small budget, you can choose from various categories of property. This is not the case in stocks, as there is a binding as to the minimum number of shares you have to buy. Investment in properties at residential places which are developing provides you with the advantage to reap rich benefits once the area is fully developed and the basic amenities are provided. You can also buy a property in such a place where there are future plans for providing large scale public utility services. In such cases, your property suddenly receives appreciation in valuation.
Investing in property is a wise move which involves minimum risk with possibilities of maximum returns. Select the right real estate agent to make your investment and gain high returns.